Profoundly affected by the dream, Rani immediately looked for and purchased a 30,000-acred plot in the village of Dakhineswar. The large temple complex was built between 1845 and 1888. The 20-acre (81,000 m2) plot was bought from an Englishman, Jake Hastie and was then popularly known as Saheban Bagicha, partly old Muslim burial ground shaped like a tortoise, considered befitting for the worship of Shakti according to Tantra traditions, it took eight years and nine hundred thousand rupees to complete the construction, and finally the idol of Goddess Kali was installed on the Snana Yatra day on 31 May 1855, amid festivities at the temple formally known as Sri Sri Jagadishwari Mahakali, with Ramkumar Chhattopadhyay as the head priest; soon his younger brother Gadai or Gadadhar (later known as Ramakrishna) moved in and so did nephew Hriday to assist him. On 31 May 1855 more than 1 lakh (one hundred thousand) Brahmins were invited from different parts of the country to grace the auspicious occasion. The next year, Ramkumar Chattopadhyay died, the position was given to Ramakrishna, along with his wife Sarada Devi, who stayed in the south side of the Nahabat (music room), in a small room on the ground floor, which now a shrine dedicated to her.
Use our keyword tool to find new keywords & suggestions for the search term Dakshineswar Kali Temple Aarti. Use the keywords and images as guidance and inspiration for your articles, blog posts or advertising campaigns with various online compaines. The results we show for the keyword Dakshineswar Kali Temple Aarti will change over time as new keyword trends develop in the associated keyword catoegory and market. For optimum results we recommend just searching for one keyword.